Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

This is one of my favorite holidays! I feel so blessed to live in such wonderful country with all the amazing privileges we have. I am so proud to be an AMERICAN and I am so grateful for the wonderful soldiers that risk their lives for our freedom. We had such a wonderful time on the 4th. We were able to go to the Parade with my family and Neal's siblings. We ate great food at the annual Davies July 4th BBQ. I made this new recipe. It was really cute :) at least I thought. Check it out at this link: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cheescakes/bluecheesecakepie.html
And of course we couldn't miss the fireworks. We went with Neal's family, who for the last couple of years camp out at KOA campground, and then hike up to this not very well know place and get a great view of the fireworks! While we waited for the fireworks we played the "Nerd Game" where I won for the 2nd year in a row...I don't know if I should be bragging about this or not. :) Here's some pictures of the day:Neal, me and Nephi at the Parade
"The Nerd Game" and the gang

Me and Neal with our action figures "Chomper" that I won with :)
The Guymon Gang waiting for the fireworks to start