Monday, August 18, 2008

The Move to California

Wow! We're finally here! We left the Davies Family Reunion and went to Tim and Kira's for Anna's birthday party, stayed the night there and then woke up early the next morning and hit the road. We stayed at Whiskey Pete's that night which is on the border of Nevada and California and then drove the rest of the way on August 4th. All of Neal's family and Shawn came and helped us. It made things go so fast. I am really surprised we were able to fit 8 bodies into our one bedroom apartment :) I want to thank Tim and Kira, Boyd and Connie, Nephi and Shawn for all helping us move, we had so much fun with you guys!

All of my days are kind of meshing together so I'll just recap what we did while they were here. We went to Laguna Beach, Six Flags, LA/Hollywood, and the Price is Right! We packed it all in there but also had time to relax, and read Twilight (well Nephi, Shawn and Tim did, although they will never admit to really liking it) in their words "It's just right below good" Here's some pictures of the things we were able to do:

LAGUNA BEACH:

Laguna Beach Scenery
Need I say more???

Guymon Family and Shawn

This is what the boys did ALL day, they had such a blast!
The girls at the beach...
SIX FLAGS:

Waiting in line for 2 hours to ride X2! It was a great ride though! But it was one of the hottest days ever, so that made it a little miserable!!
Kira and my favorite part of 6 flags was this amazing Mist machine...it felt so good!
Superman!
Me doing the Starburst Enjoyment pose!

LA/HOLLYWOOD:


THE PRICE IS RIGHT:

This was an all day event. We got there around 6:30 am and waited....and waited....and waited. We came back in the afternoon after being put on standby and waited...and waited...and waited some more. We finally found out we made it onto the show, got our name tags (which is what I was most excited about), and waited some more. It was a long day of waiting, but very fun as well to see how these game shows work!
Shawn, me , Neal, and Nephi in front of CBS with our name tags. Nephi got to dance on the Price is Right stage! It was hilarious. Our show airs on October 10, 2008.
Now, this is funny...I had to pay 25 cents to use this bathroom! We all went to BK to eat breakfast after waiting in line for the Price is Right and this is what I ran into!