Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year’s Resolution 2010…

If you remember last year I decided I would start choosing a word for the year instead of a list of New Year Resolutions that I probably wouldn’t meet. Last year my word was “Create” which I feel went pretty well. Of course there is always room for improvement but this was my first year with the one word resolution so I will continue to learn and improve in the future.
NINE highlights for the year 2009 were:
1. Neal and I had a beautiful son Jayden May 30th
2. We got a new dog Jasper
3. A new nephew Kolbin was born
4. My sister Heather and Mark got married, and every single person in my immediate family was in the temple…so amazing!
5. We moved into a two bedroom apartment in the same complex
6. Neal started his second year of optometry school and has done very well.
7. We have been able to do a lot of fun things and have met some wonderful friends while living in California. Seriously love Disney and the sunny weather!!
8. I learned new talents by doing projects, especially sewing.
9. We gained more faith in Jesus Christ through our experiences this year.

This year my word will be EMBRACE.  I want to more fully embrace life and all that’s good! I’m looking forward to “Embracing 2010!”

"God expects you not simply to face the future; He expects you to EMBRACE and shape the future- to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities. God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffery R. Holland