Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Recap Part III…

Yep, I’m starting from the end of April to the beginning, hold onto your pants…it’s going to be a FUN ride! :)

Birthday…who me?

Yep,  it’s official…I’m closer to 30 than 20 now. My birthday  started off with a sweet surprise Breakfast in Bed {courtesy of my sweet hubby Neal} I went shopping, met up with Neal for lunch and then Neal took me to the Pelican Grill  in Newport Beach for dinner. It was a fancy-dancy restaurant {I mean really fancy! We didn’t know half the words on the menu and I accidently ordered an $8 bottle of sparkling water, but hey it was imported from New Zealand} with a beautiful view of the ocean. We got to watch the sunset as we ate dinner. IT. WAS. AMAZING.

bday-banquet (2 of 11)imagebday-banquet (1 of 1) 

End of the Year Banquet

Neal’s optometry school at the end of  the year has a banquet for each class and Neal’s class of 2012 just so happened to be on a boat this year!  So of course we jumped on that bandwagon! We had a wonderful time with friends and his classmates. We ate dinner on the boat while it coasted along Newport Beach harbor.bday-banquet (5 of 11)

our captain.

bday-banquet (9 of 11)bday-banquet (8 of 11)bday-banquet (6 of 11)bday-banquet (7 of 11)bday-banquet (3 of 11) 

They had a raffle at the end of dinner and guess what Neal won??? Wine.  Yep, out of the 4 or so Mormons in his class he won the wine. Everyone had a good laugh since they know us Mormons don’t drink. Quite funny really, we couldn’t stop laughing.

  bday-banquet (10 of 11)